About the event
The international market for nuclear decommissioning services looks set to be worth £250 billion by 2030, and will continue growing as major nuclear countries begin shutting down their nuclear plants. Our virtual event aims to shine a spotlight on nuclear decommissioning challenges and to share some of the technical developments, innovations and lessons learned from decommissioning and radioactive waste management projects around the globe. It will include insight on decommissioning strategy and plans from power plant operators as well as those responsible for cleanup of hazardous legacy sites. Presentations, case studies and live Q&A sessions will bring the latest progress and innovations in the nuclear decommissioning sector straight to your desktop.
Event Time : 13:00 – 17:00 BST
SESSION 1 : NUCLEAR DECOMMISSIONING: WHERE ARE WE HEADING?
- Market size and opportunity
- Outlook for nuclear decommissioning and waste management
- Policies and strategies for decommissioning
SESSION 2 : NATIONAL PERSPECTIVES ON D&D
- Overview of decommissioning plans and schedules
- Managing the transition from operations to decommissioning
- Addressing technical and organisational challenges
SESSION 3 : FUTURE-PROOFING NUCLEAR DECOMMISSIONING
- Driving innovation in nuclear decommissioning
- Digital twins, robots, drones and AI
- Records management and the block-chain
SESSION 4 : ACCELERATED DECOMMISSIONING – WHY WAIT?
- Overview of accelerated decommissioning project
- Lessons learned
SESSION 5 : INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR NUCLEAR WASTE
- Characterizing nuclear waste
- Developing innovative waste management solutions
- Packaging and transportation
SESSION 6 : FUKUSHIMA DAIICHI UPDATE
- Decommissioning progress, ten years on
- On and off-site recovery operations
- Managing contaminated water and radioactive waste
For Sponsorship Enquiries: Glen Savage and Tim Price
For Event Enquiries: Alex Kaczmarek
Please check the Event Website for full agenda.