Anticipating the global drive towards a ‘net zero carbon’ future, cities are setting ambitious decarbonisation targets to reduce their impact on the environment. Blueprints for a net zero city hybrid conference will focus on forward thinking strategies that urban environments are implementing to deliver on net zero targets. These range from construction techniques through to operational use, designing for embodied carbon from material specification through to repair and maintenance, and what client demands are regarding costs to impacts. Case studies will cover hot topics such as sustainable land development and city making, urban green infrastructure, ‘Whole Life Carbon Vision’, green technologies, green retrofit projects, smart buildings, digital twins, alternative building materials, timber construction, and sustainable design. Join us this autumn to engage with your peers and gain new insight from key industry leaders examining opportunities and exploring how technology, digitalisation, net-zero carbon targets and the pandemic are transforming the built environment across the entire supply chain. The opportunity presented is to engage with influential decision makers through networking and private 1-2-1 meetings introductions. You will also be able to engage with the speakers on the main stage and participate in live Q&A sessions at the conference venue as well as remotely from our virtual platform.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Cities quest for net zero emissions.
- Digital transformation. How does the role of technology help cut the carbon footprint of a city?
- Redesigning urban infrastructure with minimised carbon footprint
- The future of green/circular construction and sustainable building design
- Designing low energy architecture and high-performance buildings
- Creating a sustainable and regenerative urban environment
- Environmentally responsive façades
- Circular materials and Biophilic design
Please check the Event Website for full agenda.